Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: So now is the time....time to be a bad guy

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    So now is the time....time to be a bad guy

    Not to long back, I had to take an action on this board that I seldom take. I had to ban someone. I don't like banning, I like the general idea of people being adult and mature and able to understand reason. Its a fault of mine, at least in my opinion, that I have too much faith in people. Now the user, who didn't agree with the ban, circumvented the ban. Knew it pretty much immediately but my stubborn nature thought maybe, just maybe they created another name to admit mistakes. That wasn't the case, as the other name 'mysteriously' took up the same quest, denying who they were, etc.

    There was finally a step forward, a time when they admitted that they were the previous user, they admitted they messed up, acted poorly, etc. I actually felt some vindication.

    Now was the time when this user could step over their past mistakes, their behavior, their attacks of anybody who disagreed with them, their self martyr nature, all was good!!!

    Except

    It wasn't.

    Did the user try? Yes I honestly do believe they tried. I think that if they were another user, who posted the same responses as they did, then people wouldn't have gotten mad, or annoyed or frustrated so easily, but it wasn't another user. It was the same user that had extremely burnt many bridges. I was actually willing to take the arrows that I was taking, not just from other users, but from other mods, because I understand that on a board, sometimes people go to far and it is dang tough to come back to the flock, so to speak. I understand that we're more forgiving of someone who has been a member for 6 months, who goes to far and tries to come back, then we are of someone who is relatively new and goes too far. I honestly am reminded regularly of Chubz, who was pushed about as far as anybody could be on a board (and not to deny that Chubz took the ball and ran with it as well --injoke intended) but that over time, Chubz realized how to behave on a board such as this, and that is a relatively small, mostly local board, people know you or know of you most of the time, you don't have quite the anonymity that you have on, in his example, a huge gameing board. One of the biggest gripes I have now with some people is that they are quick to try to shove Chubz out again, when at least in my view, he is clearly as good as any other user on here. That being said, Chubz didn't force himself on people or try to constantly let people know he was right, etc, he just sort of existed, made some comments, didn't try to comment on everything that was said. He didn't have to say 'I'm trying', he just tried. Kind of the same example I gave before, a good person doesn't have to tell you they are a good person, you just know it.

    Anyhow, again I was more than willing to take the shots and arrows but a comment made, I believe it was yesterday hit me wrong. That was this one

    Beggining Friday, I will accept the ban that was issued

    That went from taking advantage of kindness, to sort of thumbing your nose at things, like you dictate conditions. Tell you what.

    Today is Wednesday. You circumvented at least half of your ban last time. Consider this the continuation of it. Don't worry it will be unbanned by some time next week.

    You can be mad if you want to, you may have alternate IDs and if you do, or if I as much as suspect one is you, they'll be banned till next week as well.

    You basically took my attempted kindness and my stupid nature of trying to find good and tried to embarass us to our face.

    So consider this your notification. I'll PM this to you as well.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So now is the time....time to be a bad guy

    Get em' Rock!!!
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  3. #3
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So now is the time....time to be a bad guy

    Cool! By the way, I was wondering when you would respond to that comment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •